Over the next year were looking to make Solved FM even more green, we would love to be a carbon zero supplier, but we have a view logistical issue to overcome.
I would really like it if you could have a look at next year’s plan of attack to be greener. If you could comment or offer help that would be amazing.
Thank you all for your help in advance
- Transport –
We know that GHS have weight problems with equipment in vans which makes electric vehicles very hard for use to make work at the moment, that coupled with the mileage some of the vans cover compounds the issue, however we are
- We are in contact Evergreen Consulting, experts in electric vehicles who keep us up to date with their progress
- Look at ‘Greener driving’ initiatives and training again
- Vehicle tracking this can assist with ‘better’ driving
- Telecoms – We are going to review our telecoms both fixed and mobile, try to be come more paperless with job sheets and organising the works.
- Carbon Offsetting – Due to the Carbon Footprint left by the vans we are looking at Carbon Trade Exchange, things like planting tree schemes to compensate or buying from Carbon Zero or Stainable suppliers. Being members of the Green Supplier Hubs helps us identify these suppliers sooner.
- Water usage and leaks, we are looking at investing heat and water sensing equipment to speed up leak detection and complement our own Smart Monitoring system.
- Printing & Stationery, we are currently identifying Carbon Neutral Printers to outsource materials to, weather we like it or not people need good information in sales presentation.
Other areas we are considering include:
Insurance with Evergreen Insurance Services – every policy secures a donation to support nature, wildlife, conservation charities.
Batteries – Recharge Ltd reuse and recycle laptop and power tool batteries.
Your ideas and thoughts are greatly apricated, whatever your comments.
Thank you from all at Solved FM and The GHS Group.